Shipping & FAQ
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
1. How much will it cost to ship my tea?
Simplicity agrees with us, so we’ve kept our shipping costs straightforward ( applies to orders in the continental US and Canada):
- Orders over $40 ship for free.
- Orders under $40 ship for a flat rate of $8.
- Order total is calculated after all discounts and promotions.
- We are not responsible for import duties when encountered.
2. I can’t wait another moment to taste my tea. When will my order arrive?
Your tea is coming—we promise. All orders ship out of our Vancouver headquarters within two business days, and generally take between two and nine business days to arrive.
3. Can I track my order?
Yes! All orders are shipped by standard ground shipping and orders over $50 are trackable. You’ll receive your tracking number in a confirmation email from us.
4. I live in New York/Sydney/Paris/Bora Bora. Can you ship my tea there?
New York, Yes. Currently we ship to the continental US (+Hawaii) and Canada per the shipping rates stated above. Sydney, Paris, and Bora Bora, not yet. We are working on this and will expand our services ASAP, but can we come visit first?
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Our mission is to bring happiness and joy to tea drinkers everywhere (after all, that’s why we got into the business). We work hard to fulfill every order with care. If there’s a problem with your purchase, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name, address, and order number) and we’ll work with you to make it right. See our policy below about tea exchanges.
1. Can I return or exchange my teaware?
Yes. We’ll happily issue an exchange or refund for teaware within 30 days of purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com before shipping your teaware back to us. No price adjustment on products for the promotional campaigns unless products are mark down permanently.
2. My order arrived broken or damaged. Will you replace it?
Yep. We take care to make our items snug and safe in their packages, but some of our items are delicate, and accidents happen. If your teaware arrives broken or damaged, please get in touch with us within 48 hours at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a replacement set. Shipping’s on us.
3. I don’t like the tea I ordered. Can I return it?
Unfortunately, no. Health regulations require us to dispose of any returned tea, which means we can’t resell it. Since many of our teas are only available in small, limited-release batches, we want to avoid assigning them to the trash bin whenever possible. Accordingly, we can’t make returns or exchanges based on preference alone. Our best recommendation: Try our teas in small quantities first, and give any unused tea to a friend. (Throwing tea away makes us sad. Don’t make us sad.)
1. What makes your teas so delicious?
(First of all, thank you. We’re blushing.) We’re proud of the quality of our teas and of the fact that we source them ourselves, directly from farms in the mountain regions of Taiwan—never wholesale. We taste many teas before picking the ones we offer to our customers, ensuring that you’re getting the best oolongs out there.
2. Why do you sell only oolong teas?
We believe in doing one thing and doing it really, really well. With its intricate craftsmanship and sophisticated aroma and taste, in addition to a wide variety of flavors, oolong was a natural choice. (And besides, it’s our favorite.)
3. There’s a tea I’ve got my eye on. Can I choose my free samples?
If you’d like to try a specific tea, mention it on the checkout form and we’ll do our best to accommodate you (please note that sometimes low stock means that we’ll have to provide an alternative). That said, we kinda think it’s fun if you let us choose. We do our best to hand-select teas we think you’ll love based on your order.
4. I’m an oolong newbie. How do I brew my tea?
Visit your tea’s product page for brewing instructions and tips. And make sure to subscribe to our email newsletter for oolong news, coupons, giveaways and all other things oolong-related.
5. Do your teas contain artificial flavoring?
Nope. We’re proud of the fact that none of our teas contain artificial or chemical flavoring—and never will. Our scented teas are prepared using the ancient method, in which the tea absorbs the flower fragrance during the baking progress, producing a scented tea that’s aromatic and flavorful without the use of any additives.
6. Your teas are internationally sourced. Are they safe to drink?
Yes. Our teas are premium quality, fresh, and responsibly sourced, and we always make sure to obtain SGS or HACCP certification from the vendors we source them from.
7. How much caffeine do your teas contain? Is caffeine safe to drink?
Our teas contain 50-75mg of caffeine, less than a cup of black tea (60-90mg) or coffee (150-200mg). The FDA states that a moderate daily caffeine intake is perfectly safe for healthy adults, and introductory studies suggest that drinking oolong tea can boost fat oxidation and increase energy expenditure. Of course, pregnant women and individuals with specific health concerns should discuss drinking oolong tea with their doctors.
8. Can I combine multiple promo codes / coupons in one transaction?
No. One promo code / coupon per transaction, and promos cannot be combined.
9. What currency are coupons and gift cards issued in?
All coupons and gift cards are issued in Canadian dollars.
10. Do you do offer wholesale prices?
Yep, we sure do. Please get in touch by shooting us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you with an application and information on further steps.
TEA AVE REWARDS CLUB
1. How do I join Tea Ave Rewards Club?
Customers with store accounts are automatically enrolled. Be sure to create a store account during checkout on your next purchase.
2. How do I earn Tea Leaves?
There are 2 ways you can earn Tea Leaves:
- Make a purchase: Get 10 Tea Leaves for every $1 CAD you spend (excluding any shipping fees, taxes & discounts)
- Refer a Friend: GET 500 Tea Leaves for every new referral that successfully completes a first-time purchase.
3. How do I check my balance and redeem rewards?
Log in to your store account and go to the Redeem Rewards Page which can be accessed through the Rewards Widget located at the bottom of the store.
4. How do I use my rewards?
All rewards are issued as coupon codes that can be applied on the payment page during checkout (only one coupon code per order).